Sunday, January 2, 2011

Reactions - Tomorrow's Time Today

My musical taste while in high school in the early 80's was top 40 and hard rock. This was primarily due to the rural location I resided in and there was no diversity on the radio. Two things changed my musical tastes when I headed off to Ft. Collins to Colorado State Universtity. MTV and college radio. This blog is to celebrate those times and highlight indie/punk/rock music from the 70's to now. This blog will encompass 45's, vinyl LP's and those pesky CD's (when something was never released on vinyl). For my first post, I thought I would feature a 45 off the St. Valentine label. This label was based in Ohio and has an interesting history. Aparently there was no offical record company and local Ohio groups would use it as the label when they pressed up their releases. I have quite a few of them and found a fairly complete discography in a fanzine put out by Scat records years ago. Quite a few of these releases are brilliant. This 45 features Dave Swanson who later joined Death of Samantha. Cobra Verde and Rainy Day Saints. I believe he may have been in the Guided By Voices line up but don't hold me to that just yet. Enjoy








































































Reactions - Tomorrow's Time Today

No comments:

Post a Comment