Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Drive By Truckers - Nine Bullets

I had to revise the background of my site due to the slowness of opening and freezing of the site. I will continue to fiddle with it when I have time, which I don't really have right now due to school. For tonight's post, I debated the upload of this single due to the recent violent acts in Arizona and then California today. But ultimately I am uploading it as I think there is a strong message behind this song. Listen to it and make your conclusion. My conclusion is that this person chooses an irrational manner (violence) to deal with issues. Yes, this is a simplistic view but it relates to the irrational acts making news. I believe our country needs more awareness to mental health needs, and we need to spend more money on Mental Health intervention. Just read the President Commission on Mental Health from July 2003 www.mentalhealthcommission.gov as well as the NAIM reports  http://www.nami.org/ regarding MH....Educate yourself and advocate for those in need.

























Drive By Truckers - Nine Bullets

No comments:

Post a Comment